Monday, July 11, 2011

Vegas baby


Just got done with a little tour down the strip in Las Vegas.  I’m impressed.  All sorts of people- vendors, trendy hipsters, homeless folk asking for your money.  It’s all there.  Something for everyone of all ages, if you got the money.  I did a bit of gambling both at MGM Grande (lost 10), and at the Bellagio (lost 10). I only did slot machines.  I’m not well versed in the card games enough to play.  I did watch some high rollers throwing down hundred dollar bills on a game of roulette.  After watching for a few minutes, I began to understand.  Doesn’t seem too hard.  Bet on red or black, or the number that the ball lands on.  If I swing back through on my way back east, maybe ill drop a few hundred on a game like that. 
Anything seems to go in Las Vegas.  Guys on the street were handing out what looked like trading cards.  I guess you could call them that.  Trading cards for adults is more like it.  You can walk down the street and drink a beer at the same time.  And of course prostitution is legal within city limits, but I didn’t notice any.  Too early in the day I guess.   
 Now I’m off to Death Valley, more or less just to say I’ve been there.  I didn’t have to go this way to get to California, but in the interest of seeing as much as I can on this trip, I decided this was the most interesting way to go.  Plus it lies directly along my route to Yosemite National Park which will be my next long-staying destination. 
Shout out to all those who competed in the Boilermaker in Utica, NY.  Awesome running.

No comments:

Post a Comment