Thursday, July 14, 2011

Desiring Social Interaction


Up until this point, the amazing birds and scenery have been enough to mask the fact that I have been doing this whole trip basically solo, with few people to communicate with.  My best companion is myself, and it gets old having nobody to talk with except him after a while.  But I am starting to feel a rush to get to the West coast, to see familiar faces, to have someone else to talk to.  Maybe it’s just because I am so close to Hermosa Beach, my final destination where I will get to relax with Justine and her family for a few days in the Los Angeles area.  I think it’s a combination of things.  Honestly, I’m amazed that I have made it this far in one piece.  A road trip like this, all alone, with the risks that come with backcountry hiking and driving down roads travelled by few people, I really am blessed that I’ve successfully made it this far.  Sure, there have been a few blemishes so far, but nothing major.  That being said, I just want to get to LA safely.  There’s still a lot of cool things to see over this final week before I meet up with Justine.  I’m going to try to enjoy it all to its fullest.  But point is, I really cannot wait to make it to Hermosa Beach.  Right now, I’m only 5 hours from LA, but I’m taking the long way there.  For now, its off to Yosemite National Park for a night or two before I hit up the San Francisco area, driving south after that.

1 comment: