Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Here We GO!

So this summer, I am doing a road trip....across the country...by myself.  I know to some this may seem a little crazy, and perhaps it is.  But this is an adventure that I have been looking forward to for nearly 8 years.  I originally came up with the idea to travel around our great nation in 8th grade.  I thought it would be the best way to see all of the natural beauty of the United States, as well as a great opportunity to see some really cool birds (in case some of you following this didn't know, bird watching is a huge hobby of mine). 
  So I told myself that as soon as I graduated from high school, I would hit the road.  Then I wised up and realized the importance of getting a college education, so decided to postpone my trip.  As the years went by in college, I began to realize that it might just be possible to make this trip happen come graduation from Ithaca.
  And that's where I stand now.  I'm heading out today, leaving Ithaca and driving north to our cabin in Elgin, Ontario, which is about 3 hours north of here in Canada.  Ill be picking up all of our camping equipment, going over some of the logistics of the trip with my dad, and then hitting the road westward a day or two later. 
I don't have a strict schedule for this grand trip, and thats how I want it to be.  I plan on traveling on my own time, slowly making my way across Canada and the US, eventually reaching the California coast before heading home again in early August. 
I will continue posting throughout the summer, whenever I can find a wifi location.  I hope all of you enjoy this blog, as I am definitely looking forward to letting you all know what I am up to.  A big thanks to everyone who supported me in my dream to make this trip a reality.  This is going to be exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment