Saturday, August 13, 2011

The end of the road

Just spent my last day in Chicago, and my last full day of this trip.  I went for a run in the morning, something I havent done in quite a while, but a good start to the day nonetheless.  We went to downtown Chicago, and walked down Michigan Ave to Millennium Park to see the fountains and the bean.  I do wonder why of all the possible shapes, they chose a big silver bean.  The rains came just after we finished Millennium Park, and they came hard.  For the rest of the afternoon, we we walked around in ponchos, looking ridiculous, but staying dry.  A walk down to the Navy Pier, we bought some Garrett's caramel popcorn, and thought of riding the ferris wheel, but it was shut down due to the rain.  A stop by Niketown Nike store was three stories of overpriced athletic merchandise, and their running shoe selection was limited.  Having eaten nothing but 2 donuts and popcorn since breakfast, we drove home, and had a deep dish chicago style pizza ordered in, watched television, and enjoyed our last night on the road.  Tomorrow is the long 11 hour drive back to Mechanicsburg, Pa.  Plus, I lose an hour because I'm traveling into the eastern time zone.  Solid night of sleep necessary for tonight, which should come easily after an exciting last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment